top of page
Modern House

The people you might need...

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with, or receive benefit from, any of the recommended professionals. You have the right, and responsibility, to select the professional of your choice. I, and my broker, RE/MAX Real Estate Lethbridge, can not be held liable for a poor experience or damages.



The financial knowledge and support you need.

For most people, buying or selling a house involves a mortgage. Knowing your financing is the very first step in the home buying or selling process. Whether it is getting pre-approved so you know what your budget is, or knowing how much equity you have in the house you are selling, the mortgage specialist should be your first call. Traditionally only banks did mortgages but now there are many lenders that can provide a mortgage, and this is where a Mortgage Broker can offer great assistance. A mortgage broker has access to many lenders with many different mortgage products and will work to find the one that suits your needs best. 

If you do not already have a Mortgage Broker or would like a second opinion please feel confident giving any of the specialist below a call...

KArlen McDonald- Mortgage.png

Karlen McDonald

Mortgage Design Group


Living room
Jarrod Shaw-Mortgage.png

Jarrod Shaw

Dominion Lending

CHris Mariner-Mortgage.png

Chris Mariner

Centum Professional Mortgage Group


The best way to know what you are buying.

A Home Inspection is one of the common conditions included as part of a home purchase to protect the buyer. As a buyer when you tour a home you base your decision on what you can see, but what about what you can't see, like the roof or the functioning of the furnace or hot water tank? A home inspector's job is to assess the major systems of the house to make sure everything is functioning as it should, or make you aware of any concerns or deficiencies so you can make an informed buying decision. The home inspection is conducted by a qualified Licensed Home Inspector and they will provide you with a full report and do a walkthrough of the house with you. If you choose not to have a home inspection done you will be required to sign a Home Inspection Waiver acknowledging that a home inspection was recommended and you declined.

If you do not already have a Home Inspector you like to use please feel confident giving any of the specialist below a call...


Mark Meerkerk

Meerkerk Home Inspections


visit website >

Living room
Larin witsel-Home Inspector.png

Larin Witsel

A Buyer's Choice


Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 8.47.04 AM.png

Mike Hemmerling

Pillar to Post



A trusted advocate in your real estate transaction.

Undoubtedly one of the most important people in your real estate transaction is your lawyer. The lawyers are the last step and final check that everything is in order. You will want to let your agent know the lawyer you will be using at your initial meeting or when you make or accept an offer. This allows the brokerage to properly direct all of your paperwork to your lawyer on your behalf. Your lawyer will then usually make contact with you a couple of weeks prior to your possession to discuss the closing process and what to expect.

If you do not already have a lawyer you like to use, or would like to interview 2-3 lawyers to find the right one, please feel confident giving any of the specialist below a call...

Living room
Matt McHugh- Lawyer.png

Matt McHugh

Fee Simple Law


Tyson Kwasney-LAwyer.png

Tyson Kwasney

Stringam LLP


Nolan Johnson - Lawyer.png

Nolan Johnson

Huckvale LLP


Mortgage Brokers
Home Inspection


Call ahead to make sure everything will be ready for possession day.

Congratulations! You have successfully bought (or sold) a what? Setting up, or disconnecting your utility services is something you will want to take care of shortly after you have removed all conditions on your purchase and the sale is considered 'firm or sold'. Getting utilities set-up, or disconnected, can take some providers a couple of weeks, so we strongly recommend you arrange for services well in advance. 

Typically the services you will need to arrange will be:

Water, Sewer, Garbage - These services are usually handled by the City or Town Office where you have purchased. Contact the appropriate location (links below) and let them know you are purchasing, or selling, and would like services started, or ended, on your possession date. (Depending on where you are purchasing , gas and electricity may also be provided by the town office)

Gas, Electricity - The 3 most common providers in Southern Alberta are Enmax, Direct Energy, and ATCO. Determine which provider you would like to use and request for services to be started, or ended, on your possession date. 

Internet, Cable - The 2 most common providers in Southern Alberta are Shaw, and Telus. They offer many different plans so find the one that works best for you.

Mail- You will also want to remember to arrange for your mail to be re-routed to your new location. Simply go to Canada Post's website and fill out the necessary documents to make these arrangements.

The providers available is always growing so please be sure to do your own research to make sure you are completely satisfied with the services you choose to use. Here is a link to Utilities Consumer Advocates if you have questions or want to research additional providers...Utility Consumer Advocates>

Here is the information for some of our local City and Town Offices...


Village of Stirling






Maybe don't DIY it...let the professionals help you with your renovation.

Modern Kitchen

Galko Renovations

(587) 370-7366


Paul Davis Lethbridge & Southern Alberta

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 4.03.14 PM.png

403 Handyman Mark Flitton

(403) 381-4834


When you have a very particular problem and you need the pro that has seen it all...

Modern Kitchen

Foundations, Window wells


Absolute Foundations
Kirk Maragh



Odour removal, Sewer backup

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 5.03.11 PM.png

Crown Carpet Care
Rob Campbell

(403) 795-6019

Move-out House Cleaning

Cleaning Service.png

White Glove Cleaning Services

(403) 330-6752

Renovation Specialists
Other Specialists
bottom of page